Links

Thursday 12 December 2013

by Gregory DeGroat

Young Mandela 

This original painting is currently for sale.At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system.Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original by clicking on the picture link below. 



Older Nelson Mandela

This original painting is currently for sale.At the present time, originals are not offered for sale through the Fine Art America secure checkout system.Please contact the artist directly to inquire about purchasing this original by clicking on the picture link below.





I was born in Springfield, Ohio in 1955. My father was an artist, and some of my earliest memories are of him teaching me how to draw. My first paintings were at the age of 8, a mare and a stallion, respectively. I can remember watching the neighborhood kids outside playing tag from my kitchen window, with my father promising to let me play with them, as soon as I completed the hair on the portrait on which he had me working .-)

I majored in art in high school, then took art courses in college, which was followed by a 27-year career as a graphic artist with the Dayton Daily News, in Ohio. Now that I've retired, my passion is to paint my way. I painted traditionally for years (see 'The Old Neighborhood'.) Now I want to push the envelope a bit, switching from acrylic to watercolors and pencils. I'm using these two mediums to develop a loose, gestural, almost illustrative style I call 'pawing', or 'Lively Line', a combination of painting and drawing.

I look forward to continually expanding on this style, but knowing me, I'll probably never be satisfied!


No comments:

Post a Comment