Links

Wednesday 11 December 2013

by Miche Watkins



Mandela Sketch

Description:

The first of a series of drawings of Nelson Mandela or Madiba as he is known in South Africa; such an icon here. Also known as South Africa's Gandhi





Mandela Sketch




Nelson Mandela

Description:

I have painted Mandela many times now and always try and get the expression in his eyes right which I think I have achieved with this painting





Nelson Madiba Mandela





Mandela Pencil Sketch





A FEW WORDS ON MICHE'S WORK

I am an English figurative artist now living in Cape Town. My first love is painting people in oils, either as portraits or figurative paintings with a narrative theme. I also, however, paint figures in acrylic with absolutely no detail at all in their faces - the complete opposite of my portraits. I have a lot of fun painting these and have stuck with cream on white as that seems to suit most homes. Recently I have been adding a touch of red which seems to work well.


No comments:

Post a Comment