Links

Monday 16 December 2013

by Ricardo Levins Morales


Nelson Mandela Portrait

Description:

A portriat of the late South African freedom fighter and statesman.

Please Click On The Picture Link Below For More Information:



Mandela

Description:

A pensive Nelson Mandela reflects on a life in struggle.

Please Click On The Picture Link Below For More Information:





Please Click On The Picture Link Above For More Information:

I was born in the coffee growing mountains of western Puerto Rico and moved to the US at a time of great social upheaval. My art has grown up inseparable entwine with my activism and sense of community. Art, to me, is a collection of medicinal herbs and nutrients that can help individuals, communities and societies overcome the cultural toxins that keep them from making needed changes.

I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where I work out of a storefront studio. I live in close relationship with the social movements, organizers and activists who inspire my work.

Additional posters, notecards and buttons are available at my studio web store that you can find by clicking on the Picture Link below.






No comments:

Post a Comment