Links

Thursday 16 January 2014

by Marc Alexander


The High Cost of Freedom (2011), Mixed Media: Oil, Watercolour Paper, Cotton, Steel Wire and Wood, 135cm by 115cm

Exhibited at The Thami Mnyele ‘Culture and Resistance’ Ekurhuleni

Exhibition (2011)

Quote by Nelson Mandela

“During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.”


Facebook comment 2013 07 18

What an honor to have one of my Mandela paintings used for the tribute banners at the Stellenbosch University.

Happy birthday Madiba.

No comments:

Post a Comment